Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Rims, Rims and More Rims...

In this blog post we will look at a couple of rims I have modeled over the years.  Now keep in mind these rims are purely cosmetical.  They are 'quick and dirty' renditions of whatever pattern I had in my head at the time. Usually modeled during down time at work, or while trying to kill a few hours, who knows...


Obviously these rims are not compliant with Tire and Rim Yearbook specs so you have been forewarned, this is all for show.




5 Spoke Chrome with Split Fingers.

More images after the break.






5 Spoke Chrome with Split Fingers from another angle.



This one is from the "Toy" Files.


Wheels look familiar to anyone?





These wheels are from the Youtube Video discussed on a previous blog post.






Rim Charm with attachment for keyring.




And the last wheel I will show that was modeled in SolidWorks.










From here on out there's a few more wheels but they're all in Alias.






Not sure why I made this wheel SO wide. LOL.




Wheel above rendered in Gold Material.


Gang of Wheels I modeled at one point.  Not sure where they ended up, I only found this JPG.


Close up view of "Jugular"

Another angle view of "Jugular"




Jugular mounted on an Escalade.


That's all for now.  From here on out we will have all fresh new designs for wheels.  If you have any requests in particular let me know in the comments and I will try give you what you want.


Until next time.


Antonio Suarez
Industrial Designer