Wednesday, November 16, 2011

8 Observations about No-Shave November

I'm putting too much effort into this not to make a post about it.  And the truth of the matter is that at this point this is more a personal challenge than anything else.  I have made it through No Fap February so I should have no problem with No Shave November right?


I want to admit to the fact that I started a week early on October 20th, so I had a head start.  Oh well not single fuck is given.  Anywho, it's the 15th so without further ado here's a pictorial update.







So far I have noticed a few things.


1. It takes longer to dry my face.  Like, a LOT longer.  I'm talking about me going back to the bathroom towel back and forth for a good 5 minutes after showering because I feel water in my beard/stache.


2. Odors tend to 'stick around' for prolonged periods of time.  You know that burrito you ate earlier today?  Yeah, you might get a nice whiff of that later in the day.  If you smoke, forget it.


3. Food may be stowed away for later consumption.  OK I'm exaggerating with this one but mainly because I found a piece of popcorn in my neck while driving home from the movies.


4. The girlfriend is NOT amused.  She is not eager to kiss me and I can understand why.  Also, I may be temporarily banned from entering certain sensitive zones. LOL.






5. I have something to hold onto while thinking.  I'm starting to be able to wrap entire swaths of beard around my index finger so it makes me feel like I'm a great Greek thinker like Copernicus or Pithagoras.


6. I look 10 years older.  People call me Sir, Mister and show much more respect in general.  About freaking time!


7. I have saved around $84 dollars by not purchasing shaving instruments.  I may need to spend that much money buying new clippers by the end of the month though.


8. Lastly, I feel like the Most Interesting Man in the World.



Until next time, 

Antonio Suarez
Industrial Designer